Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Online Wedding and Portrait Brochures

It's slowly beginning to dawn on me how important websites are. When I first set about designing mine originally I thought I had everything covered. As you may know I'm deep into some pretty big changes to make it more user friendly for everyone. In particular there'll be a whole section for photographers as well as future brides and portrait enquiries.

I see the internet as like another T.V. Channel with lots of interesting things to watch, unfortunately there are alot of adverts too. How do you rate your site? Is it an interesting show or an advert? If it's an advert (and most are) do you blame people for skipping past it on there search for something interesting?

Here's a link to a sneak peak of what my potential brides get to see when they contact me (feel free to e mail it to anyone you know who's getting married)http://martinwilmottphotography.com/slideshows/wedenquiry/ yes it's an advert but hopefully an entertaining one.

As you can see the internet is moving at a massive pace. Only the other day I sat and watched Top Gear on my laptop (this show just gets better and better). The first time I have ever watched a TV show online! If this is becoming more and more available I can see no need for video recorders in the future. Incidently if you are into photography Top Gear is fantastic for picking up ideas, watch how the shows are filmed in high fashion style colour and often cross processed, fantastic! its already driven me to create some more photoshop styles.

On the subject of sport the Colchester Gladiators game scheduled for this Sunday was called off due to a rain soaked pitch (yes we are still in a drought). This is real bad news for me as the rest of the home games I have got weddings booked on the days! I might have to see some of there away games instead (as long as it's not too far to travel).

No comments:

Post a Comment

This space looks too empty, come on say something, you know you want to