Friday, May 05, 2006

Business Books

I love to read and find if I can take a few bits of information from a book and introduce them into my working life then it's been worth while. Currently I'm rereading Chris Daffy's excellent Once a Customer Always a Customer.

I first became aware of Chris when I worked in the motor trade selling Land Rovers. My employers had got Chris to give a talk to all the staff and I must say what he said really hit a note with me. Unfortunately the company I was working for at the time for some reason did nothing to introduce any of the practices into the work place. On a brighter side it was probably meeting Chris that made me realise how bad some (most) companies are and all I had to do was look after customers and being a business success comes naturally.

My copy of this book is now a little dogeared with notes and scribbles written all over various pages but I still take it out occasionally for inspiration. Next time your in the library or browsing through Amazon I strongly recommend you give it a look. Chris has a web site here http://www.customerserviceuk.com/ give it a look for inspiration if you're in business or thinking about it you'd be a fool not to.





No comments:

Post a Comment

This space looks too empty, come on say something, you know you want to