Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Something for the weekend


This Sunday I found myself with nothing to do. In the previous week I had read in the local paper that the Colchester Gladiators had a home game against the Cambridgeshire cats. It's been along time since I've been to see a game of American football 10 years ago I was really into it and even traveled to Atlanta Georgia to watch the a superbowl where the Redskins took apart the Broncos.

Of course I couldn't go to something as fast action as this without taking along my camera. For anyone that's interested the rest of the images are here http://www.martinwilmottphotography.com/slideshows/Gladiators

I must say it was a fantastic game. The Gladiators seemed to struggle in the first half but put in the best comeback I've ever witnessed. With one second left on the clock they were two points behind, the pass and catch will no doubt go down in legend for the Colchester club and will be talked about for years. The final score finished in a victory for the Gladiators 33 Cambridgeshire Cats 27.

Anyone interested in watching the team can find details of the next game on their website here http://www.colchestergladiators.com I'll certainly make an effort to go as long as I haven't got a wedding on.

See you there ......







No comments:

Post a Comment

This space looks too empty, come on say something, you know you want to