Friday, March 03, 2006

Moving to The Dark Side?

Hmmm I think the day is fast approaching where I make my move over to the dark side of photography ...... digital.

This decision has been coming for a while and in honesty is probably overdue. My main beef with digital is the amount of time it adds to each job, roughly 1-2 minutes per image. If I shoot a lifetime portrait session and capture 100+ images already that's another day + work that I wasn't having to do been added.

Having said that it does bring bonuses too (so I'm told) these include reduced film and processing costs. The decision has kind of been forced by Nikons announcement that they are stopping production of their film bodies (except the F6). Basically saying that when my camera stops working it will have to be a digital body to replace it.

I've got a D2x on hire next weekend so I'll see what I make of that and probably make a decision soon afterwards..... maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment

This space looks too empty, come on say something, you know you want to