Monday, March 27, 2006

The Challenge Some Photography Can Be.


For those who know me you'll know I don't tend to do a lot of commercial work and keep it to a minimum. However recently I was asked by Ronseal to photograph a shop display with a few members of staff. I figured as the shop was reasonably local it would be an easy job that wouldn't take too much time.

The staff were all great however the ailes were not wide enough for the shot I needed so I ended up balancing on a 6 foot step ladder with my Hasselblad resting on my Gitzo tripod set at its maximum height (about 8ft). Not being able to get close enough to focus with my eye I set the focus to 5ft so I could get everything form 5ft through to 12ft in focus (don't you just love the depth of a wide angle lens).

I could see there was some work to be done post production as the shelving infront of me was encroaching on the shot. However I guessed if I could at least see the staffs feet everything else could be rebuilt in photoshop.

The image here is the finished product which shows the truly practical use of photoshop. What did we do before it?

More news on the lifestyle portrait training day to be held on 8th October. We had a big meeting with Doug, Viv, Toni and myself on Saturday. We completely pulled apart the last day and changed some minor details were we think things could be improved. We also put together the basics for the next date and agreed to meet again in the next few weeks to see how much progress has been made. I can't give away any details but it's going to be fantastic! If you want to be there with us it's best if you get in touch very soon as word from the last course seems to have spread very wide. Already we have photographers booked form as far way as Stoke on Trent. I hope to meet you soon ......

No comments:

Post a Comment

This space looks too empty, come on say something, you know you want to