Monday, March 15, 2010

Jacobs Barmitzvah and Party at Dyram Park Country Club

Pin It

A few weeks back I had the honour of recording young Jacobs Barmitvah, well at least the practise run anyway. The actual ceremony takes place on the
Jewish Sabbath (Saturday) and as it is a day of rest and a religious ceremony no-one is allowed to work.

Jacob had learnt his Hebrew well and read through his readings with very little trouble, overwatched by his father and grandfather. I hear the actual ceremony (a few weeks later) went completely without a hitch making his whole family extremely proud.

Of course having successfully been bartmitzvahed there is only one thing to do and that's have a massive party so friends and family can join in the celebration. The chosen venue for the party was Dyram Park Country Club, all in all a very nice venue and with very easy access just of the A1 (a photographers dream).

I absolutely love learning of other traditions and religions. I feel the more you learn the less there is to fear. I have always found with any Jewish work I do whether it's weddings or Barmitzvahs the parties are always legendary and great fun!

Congratulations Jacob, I hope you had as much fun as I did in capturing it!




Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

This space looks too empty, come on say something, you know you want to