Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Essex Blades v UEA Pirates (a mad Sunday)

This Sunday was probably the busiest day i've had in a long time. Sunday morning was the first of 5 new player days for the colchester gladiators. A good attendance and some good new players were found.

I had to leave the players day early and drive to Billericay to do a test drive pre wedding shoot for a couple who had contacted me. I always offer a free of charge pre wed shoot to all my couples before they decide if they want to book me. I find it shows them exactly how i work and also the quality of the product they are likely to recieve for their wedding.

Having succesfully completed the shoot it was time to jump back in the car and head back to Colchester where the Essex Blades were playing the UEA pirates. The Essex blades are the Colchester University American Football team. Alot of their players play for the Gladiators in the British league throughout the summer, the two teams have an excellant partnership. The Colchester Gladiators turned out in force to cheer on the Blades in there first game of the season which they won reasonably easily.

Unknown to me the game had been started late (I was on the A 12 at the time) and so by the 4th qtr I was really struggling with the light. I finished shooting the game with the Nikon D2x set at Hi3 (iso 3200 equivalent) and it shows in the images. I always find the colours go completely flat when shooting at high ISO's as well as the grain becoming obvious. Having said that they're shots that I wouldn't have bothered shooting if i had been shooting film.

So having shot the A/football it was time to head back to Chelmsford for a meeting with a guy that is going to make a big differance to the Colchester Gladiators for next year. For the time being i'll keep it under wraps. keep checking out the blog to be updated ......

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:29 PM

    GREAT PICTURES!!

    Thanks Martin! The slide show is brilliant and much appreciated!

    G. Askew

    ReplyDelete

This space looks too empty, come on say something, you know you want to