Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Feedback From The Portrait Training Day

I have received some really great e-mails over the last few daysand i thought I'd share a few of them. This is a snippet of one sent by Karen Petry who attended the Lifestyle Portrait Training Day at the weekend. Karens a real star in the making she had travelled down to be with us in Essex from Carlisle (our second furthest travelled attendant Keith Bott flew over from Germany). Any way here's what she had to say ....


Apologies for the delay in sending you email. I would just like to thank Doug, Toni, Viv and yourself for the truly fantastic day on Sunday.

It was a real pleasure to meet you all and i thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of the day. It was 2.30 am when I eventually walked through my front door on Monday!! I had to stop off on route and sleep for 3 hours in a service station car park!! (it was well worth it though!!)"

Here's a comment from Anthony Phillips who also has a great look on life and will no doubt succeed ......

Hi Martin
Just a quick line about Sunday. Really enjoyed the day, I have already started to put your methods into action. I now have the confidence to photograph families and children, to a high standard. Thanx very much.


Don't leave it to long for your next training day"

Davide Palisciano sent me a dvd of images he had taken on the day which were completely outstanding, here's some of his comments ....

" First of all can i thank you for an enjoyable and educational day. It's hard to quantify how much one has learnt, however if all i gained was more confidence in my own ability thats priceless.

I took around 300 shots! That says it all. I have narrowed them down to about 40 I like, that is subjective. I will send you a copy in the post.


As a relative newcomer to photography other than family, I thouroughly enjoyed it. Please pass on my thanks to Doug and toni. Dougs enthusiasm is infectious and you can see the passion that drives him.

I would again like to thank you for your patience and obvious understanding that there are a lot of people about who just need to be nudged into the right direction and off they go.

If there is a follow up course keep us informed.

Adrian Smith is already running a succesfull photography business and came to our portrait training day looking for a differant approach, here's what he had to say .....

Hi Martin

Just a quick note to say thank you for a great day yesterday.

I have been through my images and i am delighted with lots of them - also learnt an enourmous amount from the failed images about me and my cameras capabilities. Need a faster lens too much camera shake on some images!

I have no doubt that yesterdays course will help me raise my business to the next level.

Please pass on my thanks top Doug, Toni, Viv and of course the brave families that modelled for us"

Catherine Thomson wrote

Thank you

I had a great time, i think you made a great job of engaging a very diverse audience with the obvious enthusiasm and undoubted skill you are both abundant in.

I was impressed with that last presentation of images, it so splendidly sealed the day and the music was a great touch.

Thanks once again

Catherine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This space looks too empty, come on say something, you know you want to