Thursday, February 16, 2006

Adobe Aperture

I've just had a sneak look at Adobe's new software for handling files etc. It's called aperture and my first impressions are very positive. It seems they have really thought about what pro photographers want and need from software and have put it in place. It's definately one of my top things to look at at Focus.

I got back some commercial images from the lab today. As a rule i don't tend to do alot of commercial work but this job just happened to fall into a day where i had nothing in the diary. It worked well and keeps me in the habit of using studio lighting and gives the Hasselblads a work out.

I was pleased with the results but i don't think i'll be jumping straight in and become a purely commercial photographer. I find it alot harder to photograph something that doesn't have a pulse and doesn't even crack a smile at my best jokes.