Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Focus on Imaging

It was the last day of Focus on Imaging at the NEC today. For those that don't know this is the big event for photographers that happens once a year and really is considered a must.

I always manage to find something of interest when i go and amongst others i discovered this camera cover seen in the picture. Basically it's a rubber body that slips over your current camera (they do other colours too). I can see the advantage of something like this especially when the cameras tend to be thrown in and out of open bags when working. However they didn't have one that would fit the D2x so that saved me some money! Apologies for the picture quality, it was taken on my phone, as its considered very very uncool for a pro to be seen with a camera at focus.

Again Canon didn't bother to be there (2nd year running) in my opinion a disgusting way to treat the pro users! Nikon were there with their new stand and put on some excellent talks and had hands on for every camera model and lens that they make with experts available to answer questions ..... Great service AGAIN for Nikon users.

Interestingly another big player that weren't there this year was Kodak! Having talked to the manager at my lab (Redwoods) it would appear that Kodak have no interest in the consumer market anymore and are chasing the mini do it yourself print labs.

I also talked myself into buying a Fong Dome. I've been looking into them for about a year and decided to take the plunge. I'll give it a go and then post some stuff up on here on my thoughts. All in all a good show and happily different to last year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

This space looks too empty, come on say something, you know you want to