Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Death of a key board

Apologise for the amount of time since the last entry on the blog. This has been for two reasons, firstly i've been bonkers busy with shoots Friday Saturday and Sunday and all the post production joys that they bring.

The second reason and probably the real reason is this. On Friday night (saturday morning), I arrived home from shooting a job at the hippodrome in leicester square at about 1 in the morning. I settled down with a couple of cans of beer whilst my computer downloaded the nights shots (i'll put some up when i get chance). Needless to say everything was going smoothly and I checked e mails and buzzed around the web. However, my second can of lager decided to explode when I opened it and gave my keyboard and carpet a wash.

Now if someone can explain to me how a can of lager that has sat in a fridge for at least two weeks and was not dropped or shaken in any way (to my knowledge) suddenly decide to explode when opened for no reason, i'll be a happier man.

Anyway the long and the short of it was several keys stopped working on the keyboard. At first it seemed to be just the numbers and the full stop, however whilst typing an e mail i soon discovered the space bar was also not working making anything i wrote completely unintelligable.

So to cut a long story short I had to invest in another keyboard and at the same time a new 4 way usb port (my last keyboard could plug usb connection into it). As you can see in the picure my old keyboard now has a new place to live (the bin).

No comments:

Post a Comment

This space looks too empty, come on say something, you know you want to