Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The End of Google?

I love techy things and have been a big fan of google for years. However unless they get their act togethor pretty quickly I can see them loosing their crown. So who's the new kid on the block?

The challenger for the search engine crown is called snap.com. From what I can see it's in its infancy at the moment but it has some great new tricks. Best of all is the ability to see the page you are being directed to before you click.

Also (as you may have already discovered) it can be incorporated into sites (like this blog) so any link will pop up and show the page you would be directed to helping you decide if you want to go there or not. This will hopefully eliminate those sites where you think it's what you want only to find it's actually just a page of adword clicks someone has put togethor in order to make money. How cool is that?

I'm guessing this is the first (and only) major challenger that google has had for a long time. In my opinion, if google doesn't do something quickly, snap.com will very soon become the search engine everyone uses.


1 comment:

  1. I came to your blog by accident and found this post VERY interesting! I'm gonna check out that search engine... I'm a bit afraid tho, i LOVE google... ;)

    ReplyDelete

This space looks too empty, come on say something, you know you want to