Thursday, June 10, 2010

i-Phone problems

Recently my i-phone has started picking up a few problems when i've been running.  After some research i've found the solution (touch wood) and thought i'd post a blog entry so others who may have a similar problem can solve it.

The problem is when running all of a sudden the voice control cuts in which automatically cuts off anything you happen to be listening to and really annoying in my case, stops the map my run app from working.  It would appear that it's likely to be caused by sweat getting into the built in microphone in the cable.  This probably explains why up until recently (when we've started getting alot warmer) this hasn't been a problem.
 
luckily after googling the fault I came across this link, where apple acknowledges the problem and offers a replacement set of earpieces free ... i've just applied for mine so i'll see when the new set turn up if it solves the issue.

***UPDATE***

So I received my new earphones from Apple very quickly (couple of days) and for about a week they were great.  Unfortunately exactly the same problem re-emerged soon after (about 5 runs later). So I contacted Apple again and again they sent me another headset replacement.  However since then I went to the local pound shop and bought a set of ear phones (without a microphone) that I now use for running and keep the official apple headphones for non running use, airplanes, walking etc.

So although apple did well in their attempts to fix the problem by a speedy replacement scheme the earphones are simply not made for people who go runnning.  My advice, go to the pound shop and get a cheap earphone set but be aware you won't be able to answer calls with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This space looks too empty, come on say something, you know you want to