Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Photography Training Day - Phot Club!

Pin It
The first rule of Phot Club is, you talk about Phot Club!

Share
 
It's long been a bit of a thing with me that there are many people who want to improve their photography and I want to help in any way I can.  Too many photographers shun others trying to learn as if by sharing their knowledge and experience will somehow take it away from them.  I love my job and want others to share in the passion so a few months ago I decided to organise a one day portrait training course in Essex.  I was also very keen to keep the costs to anyone wishing to attend to an absolute minimum and I'm proud to say it was completely free.

I was really pleased that a merry bunch of photographers began to arrive from all corners of the UK.  Some had travelled many miles others from just around the corner but all came with a thirst for knowledge and a desire to learn.  There's something really special when a group of people gather who've never met each other but have a common theme that bonds the group.  The enthusiasm builds and in no time at all it's like they've been life long friends.




Unfortunately the video didn't show the slides very well but I think you'll get the basics of what we discussed by just hearing the commentary.

The day involved theory and discussion on various relevant subjects followed by practical outside in a varied and unusual choice of venues for photographs to be taken. 

If you think that one of these days may be beneficial for you then just join my facebook page (click like on the top left of this blog).  I'll add dates and locations of the next one there as soon as I've sorted out the date.

However be aware, if you do decide to come along then you have to abide by the phot club rules.  The first rule of phot club is, you talk about phot club.  In other words the information and knowledge you gain HAS to be shared.

I've seen loads of images the guys have uploaded from the day and I must say the standard is very high.   take a look on my facebook page (just click the like button at the top right of this page) to see some of them.

I'm really looking forward to the next one and I'm confident that the 20 photographers who attended the last one had a good time.

* Special thanks goes to Simon from Crooked Imaging for agreeing to co sponsor the day.  If you have any need of photography based goodies please check out his site by clicking here.  I strongly recommend the R-strap that he sells and wouldn't have a camera without one.

*Thanks to Ian Heyworth who's image of me and half of the gang in a field, I used at the top of this post.  Nice stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment

This space looks too empty, come on say something, you know you want to